diabetes education course specifics
Our goal is to help you learn about your diabetes, so you can manage your disease and live your life to the fullest. The following courses require a signed physician referral and are provided at the locations and times listed below:
- 9-Hour Diabetes Self-Management Education Course
- Individual Appointments with a Diabetes Educator
- Medical Nutrition Therapy with a Registered Dietitian
- Lipid Management for Diabetes class with a Registered Dietitian
- Free Ongoing Diabetes Education Program – every month
- Gestational Diabetes Education (Learn more about this subject below)
Course times at Sarasota Memorial Main Campus:
- 6 to 9 p.m.
- 9 a.m. to Noon
- 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Course times at Blackburn Point Campus:
Gestational Diabetes is a kind of diabetes which may occur during pregnancy. Following a blood test confirming gestational diabetes, your doctor will refer you to Gestational Diabetes Class. Careful management of gestational diabetes improves your chances for a healthy pregnancy.
The diabetes educators at Sarasota Memorial Health Care System will help you learn how careful meal planning, glucose testing, and lifestyle management supports a healthy pregnancy. After attending the class, we are available to answer your questions and help you as needed for the remainder of your pregnancy.
The class covers the following topics:
- Reducing Risk Factors
- Blood Glucose Targets
- Glucometer Use and Instruction
- Carbohydrate Counting and Meal Planning
- What to Expect after Delivery
Phone: (941) 917-7468
Fax: (941) 917-7590