It is the primary mission of the Bishopric Medical Library to provide current and comprehensive knowledge based information to the hospital, medical staff, patients and the community.
The Bishopric Medical Library is committed:
- To excellence in the provision of and access to knowledge-based information which support clinical decision making and excellence in patient care;
- To be an on-site dynamic information service and easily accessible vital reference center which is a fully integrated component of the Sarasota Memorial Health Care System;
- To serve as a resource to patients, their families, and the community. Programs and services will be timely, convenient, accurate and empowering;
- To provide a pleasant and efficient environment for study, education, research, collaboration and reflection;
- To providing a professional staff who are well trained and approachable;
- To uphold the mission and values of Sarasota Memorial Health Care System;
- To support the Information Management Requirements for JCAHO standards for Accreditation
Location, Hours, Staff, Contacts
The George Bishopric Medical Library is located on the 3rd Floor of Waldemere Tower at Sarasota Memorial Hospital.
Hours: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday - Friday
Medical Staff have access to the medical library 24 hours a day.
For assistance, contact: