Online Continuing Education Offerings
Sarasota Memorial Hospital is accredited by the Florida Department of Health
to provide continuing education for nursing and social workers.
To take advantage of online education you must be an SMHCS employee, and;
1) have a pc capable of running large audio-video files
2) have time available to view the program and take the test - at least 1 hr and
3) have e-mail account to transmit the registration and test material.
Instructions for online education:
1) Click on title of choice below. Give the program time to download -
blue bar in task bar will stop when download is complete.
2) View program in its entirety.
3) Complete the test and click on submit.
4) With an 80% score you will receive contact hours via e-mail or interoffice
5) Please make a copy of your test and any subsequent communications for your
personal file .
Please Use Internet Explorer only as your browser.
A total of 10 contact hours can be earned online FREE at
http://www.kci1.com They can be accessed by clicking on "CONTINUING EDUCATION". They are each approved for one contact hour and all are approved by ANCC.
Sunrise Clinical Manager: (WBT) Web Based Tutorial
Stryker Bed Tutorial/User
Blood RPI Education Roll Out
Pressure Ulcer Competency 2007
Restraints Competancy 2007
Fall Prevention Competency 2007
Free Recommended contact hour sites:
click on the
following link for monthly free course:
RN CE course
ce's on wound assessment, treatment, and documentation.
Free but registration is